Ultra Roadside PHONE ASSIST
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE SERVICE?
FREE assistance to you by Ultra Roadside PHONE ASSIST, is limited to telephone assistance only and is available 24 hours per day throughout the policy period available to you in the event of a breakdown on the road or at home where the Vehicle can not be driven.
It includes limited Technical Assistance by phone in an endeavour to help diagnose the problem that may get the Vehicle running. There is no limit to the number of calls a member may make to our help line during the term of this PHONE ASSIST policy.
During any PHONE ASSIST discussions, we may recommend to you take your vehicle to your an Ultra Tune service centre or other authorised AP Fleet repair facility, and for you at your expense to arrange diagnosis or to carry out any necessary repairs.
At the members request and expense, we will also assist the member to arrange towing, or other on-site services for items such as a flat tyre, running out of fuel, lock-out or lost key situation.
- This service is for Australian residents or Australian Registered businesses only.
- This policy will expire after 6 months of issue as of the date on the Tax Invoice.
- This Roadside PHONE ASSIST service is provided to a qualifying customer for FREE and purely as a gesture of Good Will on the part of the issuing Ultra Tune Auto Service Centre.
- We will only accept a road registered Vehicle of not more than 2.5 tonne in weight and less than 5.5 metres in length.
- Your roadside policy document/invoice should be kept in your glove box and referred to when PHONE ASSIST is required.
- Only the Vehicle with the registration number shown on this certificate will receive the service offered.
- This policy may be terminated sooner than the stated expiry date at the sole discretion of AP Fleet and/or the issuing Ultra Tune Service Centre. Where the policy is terminated earlier then the expiry date, AP Fleet or the issuing Ultra Tune Service Centre will notify the vehicle owner in writing and will take effect within 48 hours of being posted to the customer’s address as listed in the issuing Ultra Tune Centre’s customer data base.
- This PHONE ASSIST service will commence as of the date the policy is issued to you. Ultra Tune reserves the right to reject any policy.
- This Roadside PHONE ASSIST service is expressly limited to the provision of telephone assistance to you or to the authorised driver of the vehicle. Where the vehicle needs to be towed or physically attended to for any breakdown related reason including lock-out or lost keys, we will assist you to arrange these on-site services entirely at your expense.
- Any request for towing or other on-site assistance will only provided at the customer’s expense and within the Service Limits (such limits as determined by AP Fleet, local towing and other relevant contractors used on any occasion) in mainland Australia and Tasmania as well as any island connected to the mainland via a bridge. Assistance to arrange on-site services will be provided if the Vehicle is stranded at home, on a public road or other road or area to which the public has a right of access (‘the road’). This excludes areas such as creek beds, beaches, open fields, parks and ovals, tracks or trails used for logging or forestry service roads.
- In any instance where your Vehicle has been delivered to the issuing Ultra Tune Service Centre or other authorized AP Fleet repairer, the call-out is deemed to have been completed and any further request for assistance to arrange a second tow to an alternate repairer or other location will also be at the member’s expense.
- In the event of you disposing of and replacing the Vehicle within the 6 month period, this policy will be deemed to have expired. Please discuss this with the issuing Ultra Tune Service Centre who may, at their sole discretion elect to provide you with a new policy for the replacement vehicle. Cover for the replacement vehicle will commence the following business day after the change is registered with AP Fleet by the issuing UltraTune Service Centre.
- Having provided you with this PHONE ASSIST service, where you subsequently request that we assist you (at your expense) to obtain on-site assistance, eg. Tow or some other on-site assistance, we cannot provide this service if the Vehicle is unattended.
- Our employees and contractors will use reasonable skill and care when providing the service.
- We will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential losses (including loss of profit) incurred by you as a result of:
- Our acts or omissions
- The acts or omissions of our agents or contractors acting on our behalf.
- We do not guarantee to carry out our services in whole, or in part, if we are prevented from doing so due to any circumstances beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation; the activities of civil or government authorities; industrial disputes; act/s of terrorism, civil unrest and/or protests, acts of God; severe weather conditions, bush fire event, road closures and road blockages.
- We do not guarantee that delays will not occur from time to time for a variety of reasons including severe weather conditions, general & unexpected traffic congestion and/or where contractors are engaged in other roadside recovery activities or attending to car accident/s.
- We have the right to refuse to provide this service if anyone using the service behaves in a threatening or abusive way to our staff or contractors.
- We may take legal action against anyone who uses our services dishonestly.
- To ensure the quality of our services your telephone calls to and from us may be monitored and recorded.
- We will not be liable in any circumstances for any infringement howsoever caused to any manufacturer’s or dealer’s warranty as a result of any services supplied.
- Each provision in this document may be separated from each other provision. If at any time any provision is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect any of its other provisions.
- If we delay or fail to rely on any right under this agreement we may rely on that right later. The law of VICTORIA will apply to this contract. You and AP Fleet Management Pty Ltd submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of courts exercising jurisdiction there.
This FREE Roadside PHONE ASSIST service does not include:
- Any towing and nor any other on-site services whatsoever;
- Any servicing of your Vehicle;
- The cost of ferry crossings and road toll charges;
- Any Vehicle storage charges incurred when you are using our services; this includes any instance where the proposed tow destination is found to be closed, eg after-hours, during weekend.
- Labour or parts provided at any service centre to which the Vehicle is taken;
- Assistance to arrange towing or recovery service following any incident normally covered by a policy of motor insurance, eg. Accidental or wilful & malicious damage or damage caused during theft or attempted theft of the Vehicle.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS / DEFINITIONS
You, or Your, or The Member: means the person or persons named on your current membership policy certificate.
Your Vehicle, or The Vehicle: means the Vehicle identified in this Roadside Assistance Membership Certificate.
The Driver, means you or anyone who you allow to drive or be in control of the vehicle.
AP Fleet: means AP Fleet Management Pty Ltd ACN 084 886 644 and ‘we’ and ‘us’ or ‘our’ refers to AP Fleet, unless otherwise stated. AP Fleet is a fully owned subsidiary of Ultra Tune Australia Pty. Ltd ABN 52 065 214 708.
Home: means the address where you live in Australia or the registered office of the business entity.
Issuing Ultra Tune Auto Service Centre: The local Ultra Tune service centre that provided you with this roadside PHONE ASSIST policy.
Service Providers: This service is provided by AP Fleet Management Pty Ltd ACN 084 886 644 (AP Fleet) or its agents. AP Fleet’s registered office is Shop 6, 448 Goodwood Road, Cumberland Park, SA 5041. AP Fleet provides this roadside PHONE ASSIST service on behalf of the issuing Ultra Tune Auto Centre.
Accredited Service Provider: Means Ultra Tune Auto Services Centres that are under franchise agreements with Ultra Tune Australia Pty. Ltd. ABN 52 065 214 708, or other licensed vehicle repair stations as approved from time to time by AP Fleet.
Cancellation: In the event of cancellation of any on-site call-out where the contractor has been dispatched, there will be no refund of monies paid.
Modifying Terms & Conditions: We reserve the right to change, add to and delete parts of this agreement terms & conditions agreement without notice. Updated 3rd March 2014.
Availability of Ultra Roadside Services: The Ultra Roadside products described in this website are available through any Ultra Tune Auto Service Centre operating in New South Wales, Queensland, Western Australia and Victoria all being authorised franchises of Ultra Tune Australia Pty. Ltd. ABN 52 065 214 708 (UTA), however assistance is available to our customers nationally. (Note. These specific roadside products are not available at Ultra Tune centres trading in South Australia or Northern Territory as the Ultra Tune outlets operating in these regions are not controlled by UTA. For customers of Ultra Tune in SA & NT, please contact your local UT centre in your region to discuss Roadside Assistance options available to you in these regions.
Emergency situations – If you are in an emergency situation call “000”: We are not an emergency service. If we become aware or suspect that you or any other person is in an emergency situation, we may contact the police or other emergency service, e.g. child locked in a car.
If you have used our service and are dissatisfied with any aspect of the service, please bring the complaint to our attention within 28 days of becoming aware of it by writing to us at: AP FLEET ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE, PO BOX 445, MELROSE PARK SA 5039. This does not affect your statutory rights